We offer competitive salaries and healthcare benefits for full-time faculty and staff, as well as free tuition for their children.
UPPER ELEMENTARY TEACHER 2024-25
Kansas City Christian School in Prairie Village, Kansas is searching for quality candidates for an upper elementary teaching position in our elementary school. KCC is a small, private, Christian school with an enrollment of approximately 450 students PK-12th grades. A successful candidate will be a Christian, attend a Bible believing church, and have a degree in elementary education. A current teaching license is required but can be an out of state license or an ACSI license. Salary is variable based on experience and degrees. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email to Amy McGruder at [email protected]
ACADEMIC SUPPORT, FULL-TIME MIDDLE SCHOOL 2024-25
Kansas City Christian School is searching for quality candidates for an academic support teacher for our middle school, grades 6th-8th. This teacher will be responsible for working with small groups of students as well as co-teaching throughout the day. This teacher will work directly with classroom teachers and parents to develop and implement KCC Academic Support Plans. A successful applicant will have at least a B.A. in Special Education with preference given to those who have prior experience. Please email your resume and cover letter to Rachel Knernschield, Upper School Head of Faculty and Curriculum, at [email protected].
ENROLLMENT COORDINATOR & COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Kansas City Christian School is looking to hire an Admissions and Enrollment Coordinator, Communications and Community Development. This individual must have a love for people and a love for all things KCC! We are seeking applicants who profess faith in Christ and attend a Bible-believing church. This individual should have a degree in communications or something comparable. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email to Jared Barker at [email protected]
Specific Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Manage admissions paperwork and administrative communication related to the enrollment process.
– Coordinate the creation and distribution of enrollment packets for prospective students.
– Develop and implement weekly newsletters to keep the community informed about updates and school events.
– Maintain a strong presence on social media platforms, creating engaging posts to showcase the school’s achievements and activities.
– Handle job postings and marketing efforts to attract prospective students and communicate the school’s values.
– Provide support as a liaison for the annual benefit auction.
– Manage and nurture relationships with alumni, alumni parents and grandparents.
– Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as an understanding of various software including WordPress and Adobe.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills for creating newsletters and handling community outreach.
– Social media savvy with the ability to create compelling content.
– Marketing expertise to effectively promote the school.
– Event planning and coordination skills for overseeing various events throughout the school year.
2023-24 SCHOOL YEAR
Lil’ PANTHERS PRESCHOOL SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
KCC Lil’ Panthers Program is currently looking to hire preschool substitutes. Interested candidates should have previous experience working in a daycare or preschool setting. We are a faith based preschool program so we do ask that all preschool teachers attend a Bible-believing church and profess faith in Jesus Christ. Our preschool program is for ages 3-5 and runs Monday – Friday 8:00-3:30. Interested candidates should submit their resumes to Amy McGruder [email protected].
K-12 SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS
Kansas City Christian School is accepting applicants for substitute teachers for the 2023-2024 school year. Substitute opportunities are available for preschool through 12th grade. A successful applicant will be a Christian who attends a Bible believing church. Candidates must uphold the values and mission of Kansas City Christian School. Previous experience working with children in a teaching capacity is preferred. Responsibilities may include the following: following lesson plans left by the absent teacher, maintaining a positive and respectful learning environment, and providing instruction and support to students as needed. Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by email to Kevin McElvain at [email protected].
Email [email protected]
Setting up and cleaning our lunchroom/gym
Cleaning school common areas/equipment on a rotating basis
Checking restrooms for product stock
Monitor hallways for cleanliness and occasional spills/accidents
Help with maintenance or improvement projects
Occasional landscape maintenance
Something new everyday!